Checklist of things to do following a bereavement

Legal Issues



  • If the deceased held a mortgage, change the name on the mortgage
  • Change the name on the house deeds
  • If living in rented accommodation, arrange to have the name on the tenancy agreement changed
  • Change the name on household utility bills
  • Contact An Post to re-direct post to the executor or administrator of the estate


Page edited: 24 January 2023