Social assistance payments

  • To get a social assistance payment you must be habitually resident and pass a means test. This document lists the different social assistance payments from the Department of Social Protection.

  • You must be habitually resident in Ireland to qualify for social assistance payments. What is the habitual residence rule and how do you satisfy it?